What is the application of butterfly valve
The structure length of butterfly valve is short and the overall height is small. The operating torque is short, so it can be opened and closed quickly, and can be well controlled by fluid. The structure and principle of butterfly valve make it most suitable for making large diameter valve. When the butterfly valve is required to be used for flow control, in order to make it work more effectively, it is necessary to select the correct size and type of butterfly valve.
Where is butterfly valve applicable?
1.It is required to be used for throttling and regulating control in the pipeline, and the valve structure should be short in length and the opening and closing speed should be fast.
2. Butterfly valve can be selected for pipes which requiring double adjustment and necking. It is required to have low noise and cavitation, a small amount of leakage to the atmosphere, and a certain amount of corrosive circulation medium.
3. Under the special working condition of strict requirements for sealing, low temperature containing impurities and easy to cause wear, it is recommended to use butterfly valve, and triple eccentric or double eccentric butterfly valve with metal sealing should be used.
4. In the fields of petroleum, petrochemical, chemical industry, metallurgy and electric power, it is recommended to use the triple eccentric butterfly valve with metal hard seal. In many cases, it can replace the gate valve and stop valve.
5. The centre-pivoted butterfly valve is suitable for the working environment with strict requirements on sealing performance and zero leakage. The centre-pivoted butterfly valve is most suitable for the pipeline of fresh water, sewage, sea water, salt water, steam, natural gas, oil and various acid and alkali media with the working temperature of - 10-150 ℃
6. Double eccentric butterfly valve is very suitable for urban heating, gas supply, water supply and gas pipelines, as a device to intercept or regulate flow.
7. Eccentric soft seal butterfly valve is widely used in the gas pipeline and water channel of metallurgy, light industry, electric power and petrochemical system. It is used as the two-way opening, closing and regulating of the ventilation and dust removal pipeline.