What is gate valve
Gate valve is widely used in petroleum, petrochemical, chemical, metallurgy, electric power, water conservancy, urban construction, fire control, coal and other industries. Gate valve is also a valve with distinct advantages and disadvantages.
1. The sealing surface of the gate valve is very easy to wear, which affects the service life of the valve, and the maintenance is more difficult.
2. The structure of gate valve is complex, and it is also difficult to process, especially the sealing surface on the gate seat is not easy to process, and there are many parts of gate valve, so the price is more expensive.
3. The external dimension is large, so it needs a certain space for opening and closing, and the opening and closing time is long.
Precautions for installation and use of gate valve:
1. Hand wheel, handle and transmission mechanism are not allowed to be used for lifting, and collision is strictly prohibited.
2. The double disc gate valve should be installed vertically, that is, the hand wheel should be installed upward.
3. The gate valve with bypass valve should be opened bypass valve before opening the valve to balance the pressure difference between the inlet and outlet.
4. The gate valve with transmission mechanism should be installed in strict accordance with the provisions of the product manual.
5. If the gate valve is opened and closed frequently, lubricate it at least once a month.
6. Gate valves are not suitable for regulation or throttling.