|   Tel: +86 150 0225 9955   |   Wechat: Bundor_marketing   |    Skype: +86 150 0225 9955

Home » News » Valve Knowledge

Difference between flange gate valve and gate valve Principle of flange gate valve

Posted by Bundor valve
Difference between flange gate valve and gate valve

Flange gate valve is a kind of gate valve. There are many categories of gate valve. For example, according to the connection mode, gate valve can be divided into flange gate valve, screw gate valve, welding gate valve and so on.

For these three kinds of gate valves, screw gate valves can only be used in small diameter and low-pressure pipes; welded gate valves are used in high temperature and high pressure conditions; both of them have some limitations in the scope of use. Only flange gate valve can meet the operating conditions of different caliber (DN50 and above) and different pressure (PN64kg and below).

Flange gate valve can be divided into cast iron gate valve, ductile iron gate valve, cast steel gate valve, stainless steel gate valve, forged steel gate valve and so on according to different materials. According to the structural form, it can be divided into rising stem gate valve and no-rising stem gate valve.

Principle of flange gate valve

The principle of flange gate valve is the same as that of gate valve. It can only be fully opened or fully closed, and cannot be used as a valve for regulating flow. Its working principle is that the gate moves up and down in a straight line along with the stem.

The stem has trapezoidal thread. Through the nut at the top of the valve and the guide groove on the valve body, the up and down movement of the stem is realized, and the stem drives the gate movement. The movement direction of the ram is perpendicular to the direction of the pipeline fluid medium.

Flange gate valve is widely used in many fields, such as water supply and drainage, municipal construction, petroleum, chemical industry, environmental protection, etc. If you need to purchase flange gate valve, you can contact Bundor valve.